Matco Financial's investment philosophy is founded on a process-driven approach to managing money that incorporates both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
It is our longstanding experience interpreting fundamental data that provides our clients with more consistent and reliable returns and less unnecessary downside risk.
Matco's underlying investment style is defined as lower volatility, lower turnover, income and growth at a reasonable price (iGARP).
The key to our successful wealth counselling & investment management is:
- We don't manage to benchmarks. Although benchmarks are important measurement tools for analyzing investment success, we don't explicitly manage to them. Instead we place our primary focus on providing the best-possible risk-adjusted returns for our clients.
- We believe in buying businesses, not stocks. We thoroughly analyze each holding and commit to the buy thesis before it becomes a component of your portfolio.
- We manage concentrated portfolios. Our portfolios generally hold between 30-40 companies. This means our clients are protected from over-diversification.
- We remain focused and committed to our areas of expertise; by investing in our areas of expertise we are not experimenting.
- We don't only think in terms of total return. Although total returns are important to measuring the growth of a portfolio, we also focus on our clients' after-tax returns to ensure you can meet your income objectives.
- We offer no load, low-fee mutual funds & individual customized portfolios including low cost ETFs. Matco uses both in house proprietary money management and external Funds & ETFs to ensure client portfolios have exposure to all key asset classes and are ultimately well-diversified from a risk management perspective.